At Thornapple we believe that every adult is a life-long learner and is called to grow in the knowledge and grace of Jesus Christ our Lord. With that in mind, we offer a number of different opportunities to engage in adult formation. Courses are offered that are designed to help adults know the gospel in its entirety and to integrate these truths into their daily lives as God’s people for God’s glory.
Opportunities for Adult Formation:
- Adult formation classes on Sunday mornings provide a place for people at Thornapple to grow in their faith and experience community. Classes meet Sundays between September and May. There is one class offered at 9:00 am and three classes offered at 10:30am. For Sunday topic information, click here.
- Life Groups for adults are small groups that meet for study, fellowship and prayer. You can join a Life Group at any time. For information on Life Groups, click here.
- Bible Studies are offered for women and men. Click on the one you you would like to know more about: Women's Bible studies and Men's studies.
- Pastor Rob offers classes on topics such as Prayer and Mentoring, typically on a week night, once or twice a year.
- Covenant Affirmations: Periodically we offer a class on Covenant Affirmations - the basic beliefs of the Covenant denomination. For more about this class and for link to each affirmation, each class presentation and videos from the Covenant about each affirmation, click here.
- Retreats: There are fall retreats for women and men. Silent Retreats are offered 2-3 a year.
- Gospel Transformation class is offered on Wednesday evenings throughout the school year. For information on the class, click here.
If you have questions about adult formation at Thornapple, please contact Pastor Andrew Vanover at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-957-0580.