The focus of our Justice Ministry is to encourage the Thornapple community to develop a heart for issues of justice, and to offer ways for people to respond to injustices.
Gary Haugen from the International Justice Missions says, “In fact, God in his graciousness has provided a role for every Christian in his work of seeking justice. For every follower of Jesus Christ, securing rescue for the oppressed is meant to be an integral part of our life of Christian devotion simply because it is how we share in the fullness of the character of God.”
If you would like to join in the work of Thornapple's Justice Ministry Team, contact Jill Bolinder at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Here is a list of organizations that engage in justice ministry. Click on the organization name below and you will be taken to their website. Consider getting involved in one or more either through financially supporting them or volunteering your time.
- International Justice Mission, International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that brings rescue to victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. To view a short video called At the End of Slavery by IJM, click here.
- Twelve:12Hope - Dr. Tim Friesen works around the world to help, support and counsel workers in ministries battling injustices. Contact Tim Friesen for information at email@example.com.
- Women at Risk International, Mission: Women At Risk, International unites and educates women to create circles of protection and hope around women at risk through culturally sensitive, value-added intervention projects.
- The Hope Project, Mission: The Hope Project's mission is to bring restoration and healing from the effects of sexual trafficking.
- Dalit Freedom Network, Mission: The Dalit Freedom Network partners with the Dalits in their quest for freedom, justice, and human dignity by mobilizing human, intellectual, and financial resources.
- Operation Mobilization India, Mission: India Group of OM Ministries transforms lives and communities in India by equipping people to share the love of God in word and in deed
- Polaris Project, Mission: Polaris Project is committed to combating human trafficking and modern-day slavery, and to strengthening the anti-trafficking movement through a comprehensive approach.
- Compassion International, Mission: In response to the Great Commission, Compassion International exists as an advocate for children, to release them from their spiritual, economic, social, and physical poverty and enable them to become responsible and fulfilled Christian adults.
- World Vision, World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision is partnering with the Covenant denomination on a new project: Covenant Kids Congo. For more information, click here.
- Eve's Angels, Eve's Angels is a non-profit organization that ministers the Love of Jesus Christ to women in the sex industry.
- Manasseh Project, The Manasseh Project is an outreach ministry of Wedgwood Christian Services dedicated to ending the sexual exploitation of young men and women in West Michigan.
- Kidzcan Zimbabwe, Kidzcan concentrates it's efforts on improving the provision of an early diagnosis and effective treatment of cancer in children, as well as to contribute to the well being of those children suffering from cancer and other related life threatening blood disorders.
- Bethany Christian Services, PARA works to link newly-arrived refugees with church co-sponsors, individual volunteers, service providers, and other community resources. We strive to help refugees adjust to their new home in West Michigan.
To read the recent article from Christianity Today called: Cost Effective Compassion: The 10 Most Popular Strategies for Helping the Poor, click here.