Lenten services 2016
- February 10 | Ash Wednesday | 7:00pm service (childcare through age 4)
- February 14 | First Sunday in Lent | Giving Up Control | Mark 1:14-20
- February 21 | Second Sunday in Lent | Giving Up Independence | Mark 2:1-12
- February 28 | Third Sunday in Lent | Giving Up Our Family | Mark 3:20-35
- March 6 | Fourth Sunday in Lent | Giving Up Power | Mark 5:21-43
- March 13 | Fifth Sunday in Lent | Giving Up Our Lives | Mark 8:31-9:1
- March 20 | Palm Sunday | Giving Up Our Facades | Mark 11:12-26
- March 24 | Maundy Thursday | 7:00pm service
- March 25 | Good Friday | Noon service (at The Community in Ada) 8pm service (at Thornapple)
- March 27 | Easter Sunday | Giving Up Death | Mark 16:1-8
holy week 2016 schedule
Sunday, March 20 Palm Sunday | Topic and text: Giving Up Our Facades, Mark 11:12-26. Worship services are at 9:00 am for contemporary worship and 10:30 am for blended worship. Childcare is provided.
Thursday, March 24 at 7:00pm | Maundy Thursday Communion service for all ages. Childcare will be provided.
Friday, March 25 Good Friday |
- Noon: There will be an ecumenical service (sponsored by the Forest Hills Ministerial Association) at Noon on Good Friday at The Community in Ada (7239 Thornapple River Dr SE, Ada, MI 49301). Area churches participate.
- 8:00 pm: This service will be at Thornapple and will focus on remembering Christ's death on the cross. Childcare will be provided.
Sunday, March 27 Easter | Topic and Text: Giving Up Death, Mark 16:1-8.
There will be three identical worship services on Easter as follows:
- 9:00 am
- 10:30 am
- Noon (regular attenders are encouraged to attend this service)
Childcare is provided. There are no adult, student or children's classes on Easter Sunday.