Lenten services 2016
- February 10 | Ash Wednesday | 7:00pm service (childcare through age 4)
- February 14 | First Sunday in Lent | Giving Up Control | Mark 1:14-20
- February 21 | Second Sunday in Lent | Giving Up Independence | Mark 2:1-12
- February 28 | Third Sunday in Lent | Giving Up Our Family | Mark 3:20-35
- March 6 | Fourth Sunday in Lent | Giving Up Power | Mark 5:21-43
- March 13 | Fifth Sunday in Lent | Giving Up Our Lives | Mark 8:31-9:1
- March 20 | Palm Sunday | Giving Up Our Facades | Mark 11:12-26
- March 24 | Maundy Thursday | 7:00pm service
- March 25 | Good Friday | Noon service (location TBA) 8pm service (at Thornapple)
- March 27 | Easter Sunday | Giving Up Death | Mark 16:1-8
holy week 2016 schedule
Sunday, March 20 Palm Sunday | Topic and text: Giving Up Our Facades, Mark 11:12-26. Worship services are at 9:00 am for contemporary worship and 10:30 am for blended worship. Childcare is provided.
NOTE: There is no Stations of the Cross this year at Thornapple.
Thursday, March 24 at 7:00pm | Maundy Thursday Communion service for all ages. Childcare will be provided.
Friday, March 25 Good Friday |
- Noon: There will be an ecumenical service (sponsored by the Forest Hills Ministerial Association) at Noon on Good Friday. Location to be announced. Area churches participate.
- 8:00 pm: This service will be at Thornapple and will focus on remembering Christ's death on the cross. Childcare will be provided.
Sunday, March 27 Easter | Topic and Text: Giving Up Death, Mark 16:1-8.
There will be three identical worship services on Easter as follows:
- 9:00 am
- 10:30 am
- Noon (regular attenders are encouraged to attend this service)
Childcare is provided. There are no adult, student or children's classes on Easter Sunday.