Prime Timers is Thornapple's Ministry to our older and wiser adults.
There are opportunities for fellowship, fun, spiritual nurturing and service throughout the year including twice a month "Soup and Study," a Christmas brunch in December, and periodic day trips (plays, concerts, etc.). Older adults are an important part of our community. There are many opportunities for them to serve in the church such mentoring younger members of the church, teaching or helping in our children's ministry classes, making meals for new moms, reaching out to shut ins, doing jobs around our facility, and more. If you have questions about Prime Timers or Soup and Study, contact Marny Danz at email@example.com. You can also call the church office with questions at 616-957-0580.
The Soup and Study program takes place from late September through May on the first and third Fridays of each month from 10:00am to 12:30pm. Adults gather for fellowship, singing, a special program and a delicious lunch. No RSVP is necessary. For more information and upcoming meeting dates, click here.
- Soup and Study meets the first and third Friday mornings of each month September to May. For more details and the upcoming dates and speakers, click here.
- Annual Christmas program and dinner - Saturday, Dec. 9 at 11am. For more information, click here.
- Lunch with freshman and sophomores in high school - January 28 at 11:45am in the community room.
- Lunch with middle school students - March 4 at 11:45am in the community room.
- Prime Timer, Moms and Preschooler Carnival - May 4 from 10:30am to 12:30pm (seniors should arrive at 10am) in the community room. To learn more, click here.
- Brunch with Staff - Program year end gathering - May 18 at 10:00am