current NEEDS FOR VOLUNTEERS:
- Adult Nursery Volunteers for Sunday mornings. Contact Kim Mulder.
- Greeters for Sunday morning. Contact Pastor Karen Ingebretson.
- Kitchen and set-up help for events. Contact Pastor Karen Ingebretson.
There are many serving opportunities at Thornapple - both inside and outside of the church. Thornapple's serving groups are called Ministry Teams and these teams are open to new members at any time. Scroll down for a list of current ministry teams and click on the highlighted ones to learn more. If you would like more information, please call the church office 616-957-0580, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and our office staff will direct you to the correct contact person for the team/volunteer opportunity that you are interested in.
God has equipped you to serve! If you have not yet discovered how God has equipped you, click here for help in the discovery process.
Ministry Team list:
- Building and properties
- Children and Family
- International Mission
- Love Mercy Do Justice
- Moms on a Mission (mothers of school age children)
- MOPS (mothers of pre-schoolers)
- Nepali-Speaking Community
- Prime Timers and Soup & Study for older adults
- Young Adults
Drivers: Another volunteer opportunity is driving our buses for various ministries. We need drivers every Sunday for our Nepalese community (for second service). The buses bring people back and forth to church. Bus drivers require having a Commercial Driver's License (see attached forms). We also need drivers for our vans, for which you do not need a special license. If you can help with driving the Nepalese contact Greg Longworth at greglongworth88
Attached files include:
- Instructions for getting a CDL (Commercial Drivers Licence)
- Commercial Drivers License Certification Application
- For the link to the Michigan Commercial Drivers License manual, click here.